Are you an experienced insurance professional with a diligent, enthusiastic and curious mindset? We need to strengthen our team and are looking for an actuary for the office in Stockholm.
In Codan/Trygg-Hansa we are a team of 10+ reserving actuaries, located in Stockholm and Copenhagen. The team is part of the Codan/Trygg-Hansa Group’s Finance Function and has overall responsibility for developing and managing reserving models, process and business interaction.
Work that matters
We deal with some seriously large numbers; claims reserves are one of the largest items on an insurance company’s balance sheet. Our core role is estimating and maintaining these reserves, and analysing the associated profitability of our business. As part of this we must understand the claims process and associated trends, but equally important we need to communicate with the Business units (Pricing, Underwriting, Claims) to both get their input and convey our findings.
You will be part of a team that practices an open workstyle. Based on your experience and competence, you will be given responsible for the estimation of reserves across a number of business classes. You will present your best estimate reserves to business stakeholders every quarter. This will come hand in hand with owning and managing the relationships that come with it, which will include close collaboration with your future colleagues in Pricing, Underwriting, Portfolio Management, and Claims. You will be given significant autonomy in how you interact with internal stakeholders.
The role will also include assist with the team’s other tasks, both regular and ad hoc, such as the monthly booking process.
You are an experienced insurance professional, and want to take the next challenge
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 2+ years’ experience in GI reserving. Full membership of the Swedish Actuarial Society (all exams and thesis completed) is advantageous. More senior professionals will be considered for the title of Senior Reserving Actuary, which will come with additional responsibilities of mentorship of more junior team members and leading process improvement projects.
- Has strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills. Experience in a past role with significant communication component is advantageous.
- Is highly organized and can consistently produce high quality work while managing multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Has knowledge in some programming languages, such as R, SAS, SQL, VBA, or similar.
You will thrive in our team if you:
- Are always curious, never the one to shy away from donning your detective cap to investigate an issue to the end.
- Like to challenge the status quo – “the same thing as last time” is rarely good enough for you.
- Are diligent and enthusiastic, you are always ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle a business problem.
- Enjoy interacting with colleagues from all over the business – it’s integral to what we do.
- Can manage multiple assignments, deadlines, and stakeholders at the same time. We work in a complex environment with at times tight deadlines, so it is not always easy sailing. However, we work closely as a team and we always pull through.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic team full of friendly and supportive colleagues.
You must be fluent English and Swedish in speaking and writing.
Please apply at the following link:
For questions regarding the position, please contact hiring manager Li Mei; 070-1682424.
The application process is ongoing, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible but no later than 2021-05-21.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Forena, Elisabeth Sandblom 070-1683668
SACO, Lena Darin 070-1682844
RSA is one of the world’s largest multifunctional insurance groups with over 300 years of experience and over 20 million customers worldwide. Our people are committed to build a dynamic internal culture where our people love what they do and feel motivated to keep things moving for customers, for their colleagues and as a part of their own growth and development. In RSA, employing positive people is how we achieve success. At RSA we have a culture that supports and rewards high performance with competitive reward policy for top performers. Our rewards package includes competitive compensation, work/life balance, opportunity to learn and the chance to make a difference working for a worldwide industry leader.