if – Senior Actuary or Senior Analyst
Be part of the leading Nordic/Baltic insurance company.
We offer career opportunities for you with a background in i.e. engineering, mathematics, law, business administration, finance, sales, IT, HR, communication. Regardless of your previous experience, what matters most is that you are the right person for the right place!
The financial organization will undertake significant changes in coming years. The reserving perspective as well as actuarial competence will be critical in this journey as many changes to the future financial infrastructure will involve reserving processes and require actuarial expertise. It is necessary to coordinate the actuarial development efforts within If across the organization. As a result, the Actuarial Processes unit has been established, with a mission to support the development and maintenance of financial reporting processes focusing on the reserve domain.
Actuarial Processes works on development initiatives and continual improvement and support of the book closing process and related processes. The main goals right now are to prepare for the accounting standard IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts, develop the key actuarial systems and the reserving process and to support the long-term development of a common platform for financial reporting.
The Actuarial Processes unit takes a clear actuarial and common If perspective on relevant issues working closely with relevant stakeholders such as the IFRS 17 project, IT, Business Processes, Chief Actuary, Business Area (BA) Actuaries, Risk management, Accounting and Control.
Your role is to
- Develop methods, approaches and requirements for actuarial processes as part of the overall operating model for financial reporting,
- Help others succeed e.g. by ensuring that activities and projects are planned and on track, that the level of ambition is sufficiently high, that the deliverables are fit for purpose and by coaching junior colleagues
- Work closely with stakeholders such as the Chief Actuary, BA actuaries, the CFO organization and Risk Management
As Senior Actuary or Senior Analyst, you report to the Head of Actuarial Processes.
Qualifications and profile
- You have experience of analysis and calculations based on mathematical methods
- Preferably you have an in-depth understanding of reserving methods, issues and reserve calculations
- You have at least 5 years’ experience from relevant positions, preferably from organizations with Nordic non-life insurance business
- You have a strong interest of continuously find ways to improve and simplify our way of working (i.e., methods, processes and IT support),
- You are a team player and strive for cooperation and joint solutions
- You have a high integrity and strong communication skills,
- You have a master’s degree in mathematics, statistics or a similar quantitative field and experience in related work.
You are fluent in English and fluent in either Swedish or Finnish.
Location: Bergshamra, Sweden or Turku (Åbo), Finland
Last day to apply: March 29
If you have questions, please contact Petter Pettersson, email@example.com