Actuary, SiriusPoint International Sweden
Who We Are
SiriusPoint is a global (re)insurer writing a worldwide portfolio of businesses including Accident & Health, Liability, Property, and Specialty.
Bermuda-headquartered and listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: SPNT), we are looking at ways to grow intelligently, underwrite profitably, and drive technology innovation in the insurance industry.
We challenge convention, disrupt the traditional way of doing things, and devise new and better solutions. We strive to be excellent in everything we do, and to continuously build knowledge and learn beyond our current skillsets.
Join Our Team
You will work as actuary in our Actuarial Reserving team, to perform reporting and analysis of reserves in relation to our regulatory, operational and financial reviews, which include Solvency II and IFRS 17 reporting, as well as communication of results and reserves with our financial teams in Stockholm and in our other international offices. The work tasks are challenging and rewarding, and excellent business understanding is key for success. We work closely with colleagues in many parts of the world in different projects to improve process efficiency and transparency.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform reserve, cash flow, and variability analysis for our business processes (including Solvency II technical provisions).
- Use and improve our current systems for reporting to our international finance team, management, capital modellers, as well as auditors and regulators.
- Project work for implementation of a system for IFRS 17 reporting.
- Improve transparency and efficiency in the team’s reporting and communication processes.
- Perform profitability and risk analysis for various business purposes.
- Present issues and recommendations to operating management.
- Improve, develop, test, and implement actuarial methods for reserve analysis, cash flow calculations, and volatility estimation.
- To perform all duties as documented in the Employee Handbook
- Any other duties as reasonably required
We are building a differentiated culture and approach. We have shared values that drive our behavior and a culture that makes it a fun, exciting, and productive place to work and a great partner to do business with. You should be entrepreneurial, pioneering, open, and yourself.
Your skills and abilities should include:
- Ongoing actuarial studies, together with an exam which includes studies in mathematics/mathematical statistics, or similar education/experiences.
- Experience and interest in data processing and database structure.
- Interest and working knowledge in tools such as ResQ, SAS, SQL, Excel or Power-BI
- An ability to provide simple explanations of complex issues.
- An urge to learn new things and develop into new roles.
- Understanding of the Solvency II and IFRS 17 regulation is a merit.
- Well-documented written and verbal Swedish and English communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively monitor own performance to ensure plans, schedules, and budgets are met.
- High ambition in combination with creativity and a strong sense for details.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills are essential;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- A “team player” who will encourage the open exchange of ideas;
- Ability to work independently within a multicultural organization.
We Achieve More Together
We value and support the unique voices, backgrounds, lifestyles, and contributions of a diverse global employee base that contributes to our culture every day. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEI&B) is imperative to our success.
We are building an environment that imbeds DEI&B into everything we do and enables us to unlock critical drivers of equality, innovation, and success. We want everyone to be included, valued, respected, and supported to unleash their full potential.