Junior Actuarial Analyst – Life & Health Reinsurance till Hannover Re
Hannover Re is the world’s third largest reinsurance company with an annual premium income of approximately 30 billion euros and 3,000 employees represented in over 170 locations in 20 countries worldwide. In Sweden, we conduct reinsurance and direct insurance operations as branches of the parent companies in Germany in both life and non-life insurance. Life & Health reinsurance is conducted within the Hannover Re Life & Health Sweden business unit with 20 employees including specialists in actuarial and insurance medical fields. The Swedish branch is situated in a modern office space for around 130 employees, within walking distance from the Central Station.
The Swedish Life & Health Reinsurance unit is seeking a Junior Actuarial Analyst at the beginning of your career, to provide valuation support for a wide range of reporting purposes within the valuation function. This is a challenging and exciting role and requires a candidate with strong interest in analysing data and communicative skills.
Working within a small and committed team with international cooperation, you will be provided the opportunity to evolve your analytical and actuarial skills.
If you are willing to further develop, grow together with Hannover Re and be part of a dynamic team, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Modelling and Data Management for the accounting principles Solvency II and IFRS 17
- Financial Reporting such as quarterly book closing, preparation of reports to our Hannover office and development of standardised tools for reporting purposes
- Ensure that appropriate documentation is maintained
- Data Analytics – Experience Analysis
- Prepare formal experience analysis on existing business – in-force management
- Assist in best estimate assumption setting
- University degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Mathematical statistics or engineering
- Experience of working in life insurance or reinsurance is an advantage but not expected
- Working knowledge of Excel including VBA and computer programming skills would be an asset
- Attention to details
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to manage workload and competing priorities and deadlines
- Team player
- Critical thinker – challenge current business practices and think outside the box
- Problem solver – proactively overcome obstacles and implement effective solutions
If you think it would be exciting to work in one of the world’s largest reinsurance companies, with short decision-making paths, intrapreneurship and clear values – this is the job for you.
Welcome with your application HERE! If you have any questions about the position, please contact Birgitta Stenberg (Birgitta.Stenberg@hannover-re.com) or Erika Eliasson (Erika.Eliasson@hannover-re.com).